- Leak and Pressure Testing
- Helium Leak Detection
- Nitrogen Purging and Drying
- Pipeline displacement
Helium/ Nitrogen Leak Detection
PEPCCO Helium/ Nitrogen Leak Detection Services offers high quality helium leak testing performed by experienced staff that are trained in accordance with industry standards. We guarantee your system is safe, leak-tight and in the best possible condition prior to the commencement of operations.
In the initial engineering phase of a project, a detailed procedure will be outlined including locations of valves, flanges and test limits. This is an integral part of the operation ensuring it is carefully planned and executed with an emphasis on safety and efficiency.
In preparation for the test, the flange connections are taped to encapsulate the space in between. This ensures that helium from leaking connections is collected under the tape. The system is then pressurized with a mixture of 1% helium and 99% nitrogen. After the leaks are detected and repaired, the plant is considered leak free and inert, which allows the client a problem-free start-up.
Nitrogen Purging, Drying & Product Displacements
- Fast displacement of product in pipelines by precalculating pig speed based on product “discharge flow”
- Fast purging or drying by applying a combination of heat and flow to minimise downtime
- Lower pipeline or vessel-hazardous product content for safer, faster interventions
- Lower cost over conventional methods